04.02.20 - Brussels
The LRE Conference is an important element of the LRE Forum, with which we hope to inform, inspire and connect. It reunites all of the LRE’s members, network, stakeholders, and the general public. We aim to give an update on the LRE’s activities, to inform participants about upcoming projects, and to provide interesting in-depth presentations and panel discussions.
Join us on February 4
4 February 2020
* Morning session open to members and partners of the Liberation Route Europe Foundation, as well as stakeholders of the WWII sector and remembrance tourism.
Two workshops are dedicated to the Europe Remembers campaign (results and way forward) and the Liberation Route Europe International Hiking Trail project.
* Open to members and partners of the Liberation Route Europe Foundation, as well as stakeholders of the WWII sector and remembrance tourism.
During the lunch break, guided tours of the Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and of Military History new permanent exhibition (War. Occupation. Liberation.) will be organized.
- Rémi Praud, Managing Director Liberation Route Europe Foundation
Panel discussion with:
- Prof. Frank van Vree, Director of the National Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies (NIOD)
- Prof. Rafal Wnuk, Historian, Institute of History of the Catholic University of Lublin
- Dr. Mischa Gabowitsch, Historian and sociologist, senior researcher at the Einstein Forum – Potsdam
Moderator: Dr. Jory Brentjens, Historian at the Liberation Route Europe Foundation
- Prof. Oliver Wieviorka, Historian
- Mr. Andrius Kubilius, Member of the European Parliament
Moderator: Mr. Rémi Praud, Managing Director Liberation Route Europe Foundation
- Keynote Speech by Daniel Libeskind, Principal architect – Studio Libeskind
Frank van Vree
Member of the European Parliament
Historian and sociologist
Become a Sponsor
We value very much the support of multiple partners to make our event a success. Join us!