04.02.20 - Brussels
The LRE Conference is an important element of the LRE Forum, with which we hope to inform, inspire and connect. It reunites all of the LRE’s members, network, stakeholders, and the general public. We aim to give an update on the LRE’s activities, to inform participants about upcoming projects, and to provide interesting in-depth presentations and panel discussions.
Join us on February 4
4 February 2020
* Morning session open to members and partners of the Liberation Route Europe Foundation, as well as stakeholders of the WWII sector and remembrance tourism.
Two workshops are dedicated to the Europe Remembers campaign (results and way forward) and the Liberation Route Europe International Hiking Trail project.
* Open to members and partners of the Liberation Route Europe Foundation, as well as stakeholders of the WWII sector and remembrance tourism.
During the lunch break, guided tours of the Royal Army Museum new permanent exhibition (War. Occupation. Liberation.) will be organized.
- Building Memory – Keynote Speech by Daniel Libeskind, Principal architect – Studio Libeskind
- Can the EU shape memory? Debate between Prof. Oliver Wieviorka, historian, and a Member of the European Parliament (tbc)
- Remembering World War II across Europe: the narrative and cultural gaps.
Panel discussion with Prof. Frank van Vree, Prof. Rafal Wnuk, and a Russian historian (tbc).
- Interview and testimony (speaker tbc)
Frank van Vree
Become a Sponsor
We value very much the support of multiple partners to make our event a success. Join us!