Press Conference area in the Culture Lounge (Hall 16)
Wednesday 7 March | 13:00 – 14:00 | Messe Berlin |
Brabant Remembers & Europe Remembers
75 personal life changing war stories
In 2019 and 2020 we will be celebrating 75 years of peace in Europe. During the Second World War the paths crossed for many soldiers and civilians at home and abroad and their lives were changed dramatically and forever. Brabant Remembers collects, preserves and presents 75 personal stories that took place in our province in which amazing subjects are discussed in various perspectives. Brabant Remembers aims to recount these unusual and inspiring stories together with the dilemmas which faced these people. By recounting the past and present, the people and places, these stories will remain relevant in this day and age, and will remain clear and comprehendible to young people in particular.
With a view to the activities that will take place in 2019 and 2020, Brabant Remembers has developed an extensive cultural programme with various WWII heritage partners, museums and local authorities, in which the dilemmas and life-changing stories of the soldiers and civilians who took part in the war are a central theme.
We would like to invite you to the Brabant Remembers press conference.:
When: Wednesday 7 March
Time: 13:00 – 14:00
Location: Press Conference area in the Culture Lounge (Hall 16)
We will be pleased to tell you the story of Brabant Remembers during this press conference:
- 75 years of freedom, 75 personal life-changing stories
- Keeping history alive by sharing authentic personal stories and allowing them to be experienced
- Stories by ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances
- Stories that highlight all the perspectives and aspects of the Second World War, including liberation, courage, persecution and resistance
- Inspiring a broad target group with life-changing dilemmas from the past that also apply to the present day
- These stories offer travel organisations a wide range of possibilities for compiling special interest tours for various target groups.
Our partner Liberation Route Europe (LRE) will also present to you the international publicity campaign Europe Remembers. Through this campaign, LRE aims to reach out to millions of visitors, and encourage them to visit the hundreds of commemorations, events and activities that will take place in 2019 and 2020 in memory of the liberation of Europe.
Please let us know if you will be attending the press conference via email@example.com. We hope to be able to welcome you on Wednesday 7 March in Berlin!